Happy 10th Birthday, Facebook! 20 Ways It Has Changed Our Lives
Happy birthday, Facebook!
Tuesday marks the 10th birthday of the viral social networking site created by former Harvard student, Mark Zuckerberg.
Since the launch of the website in his college dorm room, the social networking service has attracted over 1.23 billion users worldwide — according to USA Today — changing the way people interact and receive content.
In celebration of a decade worth of networking (and FarmVille and Candy Crush) via Facebook, here are 20 ways it changed our lives:
1. It’s a crucial part of your day
2. It’s the easiest way to keep up with friends
Even with friends and family from all over the world.
3. Got a date?
Why not do some Facebook “research” beforehand …
4. Forgot what happened at that one wild party?
Don’t worry, your friends probably tagged you in the photos
5. It allows you to admire your crush from afar
Public profile and photo albums?!
Don’t mind if I do …
But remember …
6. It’s your No. 1 source for viral content
If a cat does something cute, you’ll hear about it on Facebook first.
7. It gives you the option to share everything and anything about your life
Although it’s never recommended …
8. It allows you to “re-invent” yourself
9. After you meet someone for the first time, your parting words are always:
10. It’s the only way to let friends know you still exist
11. Can’t find anything to do?
There’s nothing like Facebook to kill some time
But be careful …
12. Not sure if you felt an earthquake or if it’s raining outside? Facebook has your back!
13. It allows you to socialize in the privacy of your own room
14. “Friending” someone has never been so stressful …
And awkward …
15. It’s the ultimate platform to brag about your day and experiences
And you constantly find yourself saying:
16. You never have to miss another birthday!
17. You know it’s serious when someone “unfriends” you
18. It lets you share your admiration with a click of a button
Again, don’t be creepy.
19. It can bring out the worst in people
So make sure to update your status wisely
Last but not least …
All those archived late-night conversations and photo albums filled with memories have become a timeline of your entire life, so you protect it at all costs.
20. And it has users feeling paranoid