I’m super excited to received this nomination from one of my blogging buddies Stacey (Walk A Mile in My Shoes)! I actually received this award 3 weeks ago but haven’t had the chance to respond to it until now.
Thanks so much for the nomination Stacey! I appreciate it!
Thanks to everyone who follows my blog as well and for those who stumble upon my blog at random moments. Thank you all for taking the time out of your busy day to read, comment and like my posts 🙂
As a recipient of the Versatile Blogger Award, I must follow the rules and here goes my response 🙂
The Versatile Blogger Rules:
1. Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post.
-> Thanks again for the nomination Stacey (Walk A Mile in My Shoes)!
2. Tell 7 Random facts about yourself.
-> 1. I was named after a song, “Edelweiss”. “Edelweiss” is a show tune from the 1959 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical The Sound of Music.
2. My name is also a flower and the unofficial national flower of Switzerland. Also called Leontopodium alpinum, it is one of the best-known European mountain flowers, belongs to the sunflower family (Asteraceae). The name comes from German edel (meaning noble) and weiß (meaning white). The scientific name, Leontopodium means “lion’s paw”, being derived from Greek words leon (lion) and podion (diminutive of pous, foot). — I actually saw this on Wikipedia…hahahahaha…Edelweiss
3. I have not seen my birth mother for 23 years.
4. I used to sing in a band with my father.
5. I hate the smell of scrambled eggs but I do eat eggs 🙂 I always add a drop of sesame oil (along with olive oil) when making scrambled eggs.Eggs
6. I love seafood!!! Especially calamari 🙂 Note: I DO NOT eat the tentacles.
Salt & Pepper Calamari
7. I love Ben and Jerry’s hot fudge and Mariposa’s rocky road ice cream 😉 . I have to have a Ben and Jerry’s vanilla ice cream with hot fudge when I’m feeling down. It lifts my spirit and it helps clear my head 🙂 and Mariposa’s home made rocky road ice cream is my favorite treat!!!
Ben and Jerry’s
Mariposa Home Made Ice Cream
3. Pass the award on to 15 new found bloggers.
I only have 5 at the moment though…but I nominate the following bloggers to receive the Versatile Blogger Award:
4. Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you’ve done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it... or not.